NFL’s current elite quarterback/receiver duos

November 13, 2021

The NFL has been around for some time and fans have seen iconic quarterback/wide receiver duos come and go. Over halfway into the 2021-2022 season, we have had the pleasure of recognizing some of this years most prominent quarterback/wide receiver duos. 

ARIZONA CARDINALS The Arizona Cardinals have quickly become Super Bowl contenders this year with an offense led by third year quarterback Kyler Murray. Murray has a plethora of established receivers to toss it up to and has distributed plays relatively equally but one receiver in particular has put up consistent points, none other than DeAndre Hopkins. In the eight games that he has played, Hopkins has caught 35 balls for 486 yards and has seven touchdowns (ties fourth in the league). We are only approaching Week 10 and Hopkins has already surpassed the amount of touchdowns that he had last season in his first year with Arizona. I think it’s safe to say that the Murray/Hopkins chemistry is still in its early form and I expect to see a multitude of big plays from them this season. 

LOS ANGELES RAMS The Los Angeles Rams brought in the former Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford in hopes of being able to fulfill their hopes of making another Super Bowl appearance and Stafford has quickly latched onto wide receiver Cooper Kupp. Last season with Jared Goff at quarterback Kupp accumulated 974 receiving yards with three touchdowns. Present day, with Stafford at quarterback, Kupp has 74 receptions, 1,019 receiving yards and ten touchdowns. Cooper Kupp leads the league in receptions, reception yards and receiving touchdowns, but unfortunately for his opponents, it doesn’t look like Kupp is slowing down anytime soon. 

BALTIMORE RAVENS Quarterback Lamar Jackson is dueling it out with the AFC North division and I am sure he is happy to have Marquise Brown around to help put points up. Brown is the Raven’s leading receiver with 52 receptions for 719 yards and six touchdowns. Brown is a valuable asset to the team due to his crazy toe-dragging plays and his ability to get open deep downfield, producing lots of touchdowns. Brown has had multiple highlight reel worthy touchdowns and has made watching the Ravens’ receiving game fun to watch. 

GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams have been a duo to be reckoned with for years and this season is no exception. The Green Bay Packers distribute their red zone touchdowns to many different players but Adams is the reliable guy to move the chains. In his eight games, Adams has 58 receptions for 786 receiving yards along with 3 touchdowns. Adams has been an elite receiver for many years now and with Rodgers’ situation up in the air it’s reasonable to say that Adams may be trying to get the most out of what could be his last season with Rodgers. 

BUFFALO BILLS Quarterback Josh Allen has two top receivers that are targeted equally and produce elitist numbers. Wide receiver Cole Beasley has 51 catches on the year with 478 yards and one touchdown. Beasley is a reliable third down guy who doesn’t always put up the points but rather moves the chains down the field. Wide receiver Stefon Diggs has been Josh Allen’s top target since joining the team in 2020, and 2021 has lived up to the hype. Diggs has 48 catches over seven games that are accompanied with 588 receiving yards and three touchdowns. Diggs averages just under 72 yards per game and is more frequently used as a deep threat compared to Cole Beasley.

CINCINNATI BENGALS Quarterback Joe Burrow has embraced his reunion with wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase; both players were standouts together in college and quickly became fan favorites. The Bengals elected to keep the dynamic duo together and it has paid off greatly. This duo is easily the youngest duo on this list, Burrow being a second year player and Chase being a rookie. Chase is Burrow’s top target and leads his team in all categories: 44 receptions for 835 yards (ranks third overall in the league) and 7 touchdowns. Chase averages around 19 yards per catch and has established himself as one of the most dangerous deep-threats in the league. This is just the beginning for the duo, there is much more to come. 

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS Russell Wilson may have been injured for multiple weeks, but that didn’t stop Wilson from squeezing a few touchdowns and big plays out of receiver D.K Metcalf. Fans watched Metcalf explode last season as a second-year player and this year he is still living up to expectations. Metcalf has 39 receptions for 580 yards and eight touchdowns (ties second in the league). Geno Smith has taken over as quarterback for the Seahawks while Wilson dealt with a finger injury but Wilson has been cleared to play against the Green Bay Packers in Week 10. 

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS — The defending Super Bowl champions have a duo unlike any other simply due to the fact that one half of the duo is Tom Brady. Brady has a surplus of elite targets to choose from but wide receiver Chris Godwin leads the pack in receiving yards. Godwin has 50 receptions accompanied by 660 yards and four touchdowns. Godwin may be the most frequented receiver but Mike Evans is the real red-zone threat. Evans has 39 receptions, 544 receiving yards and eight touchdowns (ties second in the league). The talent is overflowing in Tampa. 

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers — The San Francisco 49ers are playing well below standards but wide receiver Deebo Samuel continues to stay afloat. Samuel has 49 receptions for 882 yards along with 4 touchdowns and ranks second in overall receiving yards across the league. Samuel is a third-year player and has already surpassed his top total receiving yards per year – 802 receiving yards in his rookie season. Samuel is helping keep the 49ers’ offense alive and is Jimmy Garoppolo’s favorite target as the next closest number of receptions is 25 from tight end George Kittle.