Harvest Moon Homecoming 2018

Harvest Moon Homecoming 2018

Kahn Li McClaire, Co-editor

Homecoming is a known tradition among students. It is an opportunity to show your personality with your outfit and have fun with friends. Milton’s 2018 Homecoming was located on the front lawn on Oct 20th from 7-11 with the theme Harvest Moon. Students from every grade attended the dance with friends and/or dates.

There was concern among the students regarding the weather on this particular Saturday. It was forecasted to rain and be chilly; however, by 6:30 pm, the sky cleared up and the weather turned out to be nice.

Upon arriving, students were required to check in with the ticket and receive wristbands. The dance was set up with a large tent in the front lawn with a dance floor and dj inside along with tables. Outside the tent there was tables with heaters and a photo booth. In the front atrium, there was more tables and food including Chick-fil-a, popcorn and cotton candy.

Majority of the female students wore short dresses either in a velvet material or simple cotton with high heels or flats. The boys wore button downs and dress pants and a few wore full suits in different patterns.

It took some time for the students to get comfortable on the dance floor and soon the tent was filled with dancing kids. The DJs played known hip-hop songs along with an unusual Demi Lovato song and the occasional slow song (mostly those by Ed Sheeran). Of course, it was the mainstream rap that got the students jumping, even crowd-surfing.

During the middle of the dance, the Homecoming Court walked out with nominated and crown students from each grade. This year’s King and Queen are seniors Aleksander Michailovs and Jillian Dimarco. Alex Campbell and Marti Wolfe won Prince and Princess.