Milton’s first homecoming lip sync battle

In hopes of building up excitement for Milton’s homecoming dance on October 20, Bradlea Satchfield, junior class representative, hosted a lip sync battle on October 16. Students who were in the audience had fun dancing during the intermissions and watching the groups compete.

At the lip sync battle, the dance team, a group of students, a group of teachers, and a solo act competed to win an eagle pass and a trophy.

Milton’s dance team’s routine consisted of choreography to a mix of “Bootylicious” by Destiny’s Child, “No Scrubs” by TLC, and “Fergalicious” by Fergie. During their routine, the team was split into three sub-groups which made them stand out in the competition due to their variety of several dances and genres of music.

A group of drama and cirque students, consisting of Abby Hepburn, Autumn Bristow, Ally Huels, Faith Wagner, Lydia Curtz, and Olivia Owens took a different approach to the battle by recreating a scene from the musical “Les Miserables” rather than focusing on dancing. The ensemble’s theatrical performance and their use of acrobatics made the team stand out among the other groups.

A  surprise for those in the audience was Hakim Jamal’s solo of “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor. Jamal’s performance was entertaining due to his incorporation of a costume and an electric guitar in addition to his smooth lip sync.

Last but not least, the group of teachers, including Satchfield, Diane Durand, Amanda Connell, Austin Green, Kelly Christian, Cristina Mallon, and Taylor Adams, performed a well-choreographed dance to many hits such as Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” Drake’s “In My Feelings,” Soulja Boy’s “Crank That (Soulja Boy),” MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This,” BLOCBOY JB’s “SHOOT,” and Lil Jon’s “Outta Your Mind.” The teachers’ lip singing created a lot of excitement among the audience.

In the end, judges, Alexandra Roll-Mitchell, Tania Nevelos, and Connell’s mother, dubbed both the dance team and solo act, Jamal, as first place champions of the lip sync battle. If you missed this Milton’s first lip sync battle, I encourage you to show up to watch or audition for next year’s battle!

About the Writer
Aynur Rauf, Staff Writer

Aynur Rauf is a junior at Milton High School and an entertainment critic/reporter for The Eagle Edition who specializes in movie criticism. Rauf is a leader...