Local boutique hosts homecoming dress event

September 24, 2018

Last Saturday, Sept. 22, local fashion boutique Elite Pour La Vie held the Homecoming Queens event, an opportunity for girls to shop for exclusive homecoming dresses amongst a royally decorated environment, complete with music and food.

The dresses are all one-of-a-kind, original designs–meaning that you don’t have to worry about showing up to homecoming in the same dress as someone else.

At the event, lasting from 4 to 7 p.m., guests were encouraged to browse the boutique’s dress selection and try on whatever they liked. The staff was on hand to assist in the fitting room, as well as to serve refreshments  and desserts such as cupcakes and candy.

Dresses on sale, mostly MacDuggal and Terrani Couture, ranged from $100 – $500, with discounts reaching up to 50 percent. Elite Pour La Vie offers a broad range of styles, from sequined to simple, A-line to petticoat. “[The dresses] are really pretty,” comments freshman Lujaine El-Shami, one of the guests, “and they fit well.”

The event was the work of Milton senior Kahn Li McClaire, who, as of Saturday, has just completed her sixth week as an intern at the boutique. “I picked a date and a time,” explains McClaire, “and planned it so it didn’t mess up with any major football games our school has.”

Though McClaire isn’t sure just what she wants to do in the fashion industry just yet, she agrees that interning at Elite Pour La Vie provides a great foundation for a future career in fashion. “I like the opportunities,” McClaire says. “I was able to see the behind the scenes of a runway show and walk in it.”

Elite Pour La Vie offers more than homecoming dresses, however. The store also offers an array of bridal and prom gowns, and has been featured in publications such as the “Brides” and “Jezebel” magazines–all of which make it an exciting place to be, whether you’re a customer or an intern.

Missed the event? No worries–dresses showcased can still be bought with an appointment at Elite Pour La Vie. Find them at 631 N Main St #206, Alpharetta, GA 30009 or call at 678-490-2227.