Milton Tech-Eagles spotlight

Milton Tech-Eagles spotlight

Tadas Sar

Tadas Sar

Tadas Sar

Nadine Haddad, Staff Writer

Milton students frequently experience issues regarding their school-issued Microsoft Surfaces. Therefore, the school has established a program of “iSchool advocates,” referred to as Tech-Eagles or Teagles. Oak Thu, a senior and teagle, reveals the overall goal of the program. He says it is “to help the students and faculty troubleshoot their devices,” especially regarding issues that they have “over and over again.”

Thu explains that the program is primarily led by students because it gives them “hands-on experience [and] an opportunity to pique an interest in career field[s]” that involve utilizing modern technology. According to the Tech-Eagles website, they strive to “implement technology into our everyday education.”

By working with the Tech-Eagles, “[one learns] how to deal with people and their problems” in an efficient and professional way, says Thu. Not only are they helping the school as a whole, but they are also gaining valuable life and work experience. This allows teagles to grasp real-world knowledge concerning “work in the IT field.”

The Tech-Eagles’ flexible schedules allow them to be available for students both before and during school. The program is essentially a class period where each hour consists of one or two Tech Eagles in the Media Center. Each teagle has his or her own timetable for students who are in search of a specific person to assist them.

For more information, feel free to visit the Tech-Eagles website at http://tech-eagles.weebly.com, where they publish a variety of frequently asked questions, YouTube videos, Surface tutorials and teacher resources.