Recapping Milton’s Success In The Spring Playoffs

May 20, 2018

Girls Varsity Soccer- The girls’ soccer team made it to the final four of the State Playoffs by taking down North Gwinnett and Brookwood by one goal each game, and then defeated Roswell in the Elite 8 in a tight game that came down to penalty kicks. In the Final Four, the Eagles defeated Walton 1-0, but sadly fell to Park View 2-0 in the championship game.

Boys Varsity Soccer- The Boys’ Soccer team took down Collins Hill in round one of the 7A Georgia State Playoffs by a score of 3-0, but then lost their next game in round two to South Gwinnett 2-0.

Boys Varsity Tennis- The Boys’ tennis team capped off a successful season with a Final Four run in the State Playoffs when they beat Collins Hill, Norcross, and Etowah with ease. However, the Eagles fell to Walton in the Final Four by a score of 3-2. They finished with a 20-3 overall record on the year.

Girls Varsity Lacrosse- Since 2005, the Milton Girls’ Varsity Lacrosse team has won 11 State titles. They started out on the right foot by defeating Sequoyah and Johns Creek by a combined score of 37-2 in the first two rounds. They then handled Kennesaw Mt. 17-2, and won a thriller over Lassiter in the championship game by a score of 11-10. Make it 12 State Titles now for the dominant Milton Varsity Lacrosse program.

Boys Varsity Lacrosse- The Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse team won their round 1 matchup of the Georgia 7A playoffs by defeating Harrison 15-6, and then took down Northview 8-6 in the second round. The team then lost to Lassiter in the Elite 8 by a score of 8-6.

Boys Varsity Baseball- The Varsity baseball team was knocked out of the first round of the 7A Georgia playoffs by North Gwinnett. The Eagles lost their first matchup 2-1 and then dropped their second meeting by a score of 5-2 on April 27th. The team finished with a record of 19-15.