• December 14Milton football wins first ever 7-A state title with 14-13 W over Colquitt County

Student Summer Travels

Student Summer Travels

With the school year ending, students at Milton are already planning for the upcoming Summer break before the fall.

Many students have international trips already booked for the summer. Aubrey Frail, a junior at Milton, will take a trip to France and Spain with the French Exchange program through the school. They will be hosted in houses in France for three weeks and plans to visit Spain while they are here. Randi Parks will join her French exchange student from last semester in New York.

Other students will travel to visit family and to sight-see. Sophomore Anna Acosta will travel to Honduras this summer. Acosta explains, “we go back and forth through the mountains from the capital, Tegus, to my father’s town, San Pedro” to visit family. However, Acosta adds that her family will also tour the beaches and the ruins in Guatemala this year.

Sophomores Sanna Qadri and Ann Sophie-Visser will also travel to Europe this summer. Qadri states that she will be traveling to Budapest for a cousin’s wedding and then onto London and Berlin after for exploration. Visser travels to the Netherlands yearly to stay with her relatives, but her travels are always accompanied by other adventures through the country.

Kristen Van and Leah Faupel will be spending their summers at American  camps. Van will attend a Medical Camp at Harvard to further her goals for going into the medical field. Van responds that she is “eager to see how it will go,” when asked about her excitement. Faupel will attend a Jewish Leadership camp in New York for about three weeks where “she is excited to meet people who share the same interests” as her.

Other students will travel closer to home for their summer plans. Halle Cohn will be at Panama City Beach, Florida making the most out of her break with her family and Campbell Flint will be attending camp in Rutledge, Georgia for a mission trip. Flint claims that “on a scale of one to ten, [her] excitement level is a twelve” for her trip.

Regardless of where each of us will be over the break, summer is right around the corner and will be a much needed break from the stress of the 2017-18 school year.

About the Writer
Aynur Rauf, Staff Writer

Aynur Rauf is a junior at Milton High School and an entertainment critic/reporter for The Eagle Edition who specializes in movie criticism. Rauf is a leader...