• February 12Milton Basketball Finishes Third In The Region With A 75-49 Win Over South Forsyth In The Region Playoffs

• February 8Milton Falls To West Forsyth In First Round Of Region Playoffs, 81-67

Milton Ice Skating- N(ice) time for skating

Samantha Homcy, Staff Writer

There are several new clubs that have been formed for the 2017-18 year, such as UNICEF and Girl-Up. One group currently becoming a club is Milton Ice Skating.

The group was created by three figure skaters and Milton students- junior Isabel Schaum and sophomores Ashley Weller and Regan Williams- so they could share their enthusiasm about ice skating with other students at Milton. “We made the group to share our knowledge of ice skating,” says Williams, the group president. You don’t have to have skating experience to join. “We take literally anyone of any level! Beginner or Olympian!” says Williams.

The group had their first meeting on October 16 and a Halloween skate on October 27 at the Cooler, a nearby skating rink where Williams and the other officers practice. In regards to future plans for the group, Williams claims “We are currently planning our second meeting sometime in November as well as a group skate”.

Are you interested in joining this exciting new group? Join Milton Ice Skating’s remind @mhsisc, follow them on Instagram @miltoniceskatingclub or check out the board by Mr. Hogya’s room. The officers hope to see you at the rink!