Yearbook: 17-18 times better

November 8, 2017

Milton’s yearbook staff is back and better than ever for the 2017-18 school year. Mrs. Jones, the new advisor mentions that her first year will be “new and exciting” and “offers a new challenge.”

Sabrena Libradores, a sophomore working for the yearbook, states that “In the past, the yearbook has been traditional and formal, and we want to spice it up a little bit.” Now, the yearbook staff is adding a variety of new features which the members, like Libradores, are looking forward to.

Emma O’Connor, a co-editor, explains that the staff examine past yearbooks and takes note of the best ideas from each year during the brainstorming process.

For 2017-18, O’Connor reveals that the yearbook will be “more creative and separated differently.”

Senior quotes and standouts are also being integrated heavily into the format. O’Connor lists new, diverse categories being incorporated such as: best eyebrows, Instagram famous, person who changed the most, best bromance, gal pals, and her personal favorite, the couple that never was.

For senior standouts, the goal is to highlight student who embody math, science, performing arts, literature and sports the most.

What the staff seems to find most exhilarating is the addition of videos to the yearbook. O’Connor explains that the app Aurasma scans pictures in the yearbook, making them come to life.

Regarding the issues with last year’s yearbook, O’Connor adds, “We are putting a lot more work into it.” She reveals that to prepare for the course they had an informational meeting which helped avoid potential issues that could possibly recur.

O’Connor is confident that the 2017-18 yearbook is bound to be the most outstanding yearbook in Milton’s history. “Bigger and better” is always the way to go.