• February 12Milton Basketball Finishes Third In The Region With A 75-49 Win Over South Forsyth In The Region Playoffs

• February 8Milton Falls To West Forsyth In First Round Of Region Playoffs, 81-67

’90s Fashion Comeback

Sophomore Kaiah McNeil

Essentials from the ‘90s fashion, velvet tops, loose jeans and retro sneakers, return in 2017. Even hair buns, chokers, scrunchies and round glasses are popular. The trends of the past are influencing the present styles of today in high fashion, street style and high schools.

Fashion designers are putting modern twists on the previous fads. For an example, the TommyxGigi collections, “designed by Tommy Hilfiger and fashion model Gigi Hadid,” shows “‘90s rebellion meet[ing] modern femininity” by mixing plaid prints with varsity style jackets. Grammy award winner Rihanna is collaborating with Puma to launch the Fenty Puma by Rihanna, a collection of bold clothing, platform sneakers and suede slide sandals.

Local stores such as GAP and Urban Outfitters are selling clothing in the renewed designed. GAP created the ‘90s Throwback collection filled with denim outfits and stars famous ‘90s fashion model Naomi Campbell with the children of celebrities including Diana Ross, Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger.

Urban Outfitters are teaming up with Juicy Couture, to bring back Champion Sportswear comfy sweatshirts and the iconic tracksuit worn by Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and the Kardashians. Hannah Williams, an Urban Outfitters employee at Avalon, admits that she likes the trends because “it brings up a nostalgia.”

In the hallways of Milton High School, students wear throwback styles, from hightop Chuck Taylor Allstars and Vans to Supreme clothing. Even though that the majority of high schoolers today were born after ‘90s decade, the popular trend lives on.

Sophomore Kaiah McNeil finds interest in the renewed fashion styles stating in her slight British accent that she “ loves ‘90s fashion. I just think it is the best thing in the world. I like that they are bringing windbreakers and Timberlands back… and in 2013, bucket hats [came back].” McNeil includes that she “love[s] how it is influencing hip hop music and… I am trying to incorporate it into my style.”

The ‘90’s aesthetic comes back to create a new style for those with a passion for fashion and junior Abby Stuart thinks it is “unique and funky fresh.”

Gigi Hadid wearing pieces from her TommyxGigi collection, season 3

Model Naomi Campbell, actress Rumer Willis, model Lizzy Jagger, singer Coco Gordon Moore, actor Evan Ross, Chelsea Tyler and DJ TJ Mizell for GAP campaign

Pieces from Urban Outfitters and Juicy Couture collaboration

Junior Abby Stuart

Sophomore Kaiah McNeil

Freshmen Joelle Dlugozima and Jessi Rich

Sophomore Sachi McClaire